Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Personal Childhood Web

 
Mother- My mom is a true nurturing person who taught me how to love and care. My mom made sure I had a childhood of experiencing thing in life outside of my normal environment. My mom made me feel significant by spending time, along with making sacrifices for a better life for me.

Dad- My father taught me about being an independent person. My dad took the time to teach me about the ways of survival in the world. He made me feel special by letting me always be, “daddy little girl.”

Sisters- My two sisters have taught me how to be a professional in the world. I’m the youngest, so I had the opportunity to have "3 mothers" to watch. My sisters made me feel special by taking the time to talk and spend time with me in order to mold me into respectable woman.

Grandma-My grandmother is the epitome of a perfect wife and mother. She has instilled family tradition and values. She made me feel special by teaching me about respect and honoring our family.

Grandfather- My grandfather was the most intelligent person I knew. He always told me, having an education and God are the key to life. He made me feel special by loving me, sharing wisdom, and given me guidance, as for the other 42 grandchildren

 This tree is located at my grandparent’s house. This tree is an illustration of strength, my family values and what I’ve learned as a child. This is a part of my family history; I can visit this tree with great memory of childhood.

6 comments:

  1. A magnificent tree! A wonderful symbol of your family web. I'm glad that you had strong male role models. I'm also glad that you got to know your grandfather. My brothers and I have no memory of our grandfathers as they passed away when we were very little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did your father and/or grandfather influence your educational experience or attainment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Andrea for posting on my Blog. Yes, I have been fortunate in a number of ways. My good fortune is what led me to explore the notion of privilege a few years ago. The idea of privilege as a sort of invisible concept to those that possess it haunted me and forced me to pay closer attention to all the things that have gone right in my life (and given me a better perspective on all that has gone wrong!). It’s a concept that I hope we will explore in this program. Thank you for your comments and for staying on top of the assignments. It helps me keep focused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, my grandfather influenced my educational experiences by always saying, " No one can every take away from what you learned in your head." That has inspired me to learn as much as I can to reach my goals.
    Thanks Gregory for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture of the tree at your grandparent's yard spoke volumes of the meaning of family.

    I can tell by your post that you have had an amazing childhood filled with love, support and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tree has meaning for me also. It takes me to my grandfathers house where he had a tree for shade (he sometimes napped there), and a great cherry tree out back the we climbed to pick the cherries. Seeing your tree brought back chilhood memories for me.

    ReplyDelete