Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Professional Hopes and Goals....(Week 8)


Hopes…..

"We live now in a global village and we are in one single family. It’s our responsibility to bring friendship and love from all different places around the world and to live together in peace."

------Jackie Chan, Chinese Actor, Philanthropist
Goals…….
My goal for the early childhood field related to diversity is create an early childhood environment that represents a variety of cultures. Also, my goal is to train early childhood professionals on the importance of being an anti-bias teacher. The training will give them the knowledge of culture sensitivity and the understanding of social identities in children and families.
Thanks…..



5 comments:

  1. Andrea,

    I share the same goal that all early childhood professionals are trained in anti-bias education. I have gained so much knowledge in this course that will help me to work with children and families from various backgrounds. I can't wait to share this knowledge with others. And Yes, I will remember my passion for working with children as I continue my journey.

    Thank you,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you success, awareness, warmth and even a bit of healthy discomfort and conflict!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea,
    I believe we all want the same thing, the best for all children. I think it is great that you want to share your knowledge with others teachers on being aiti-bias. It is one of many things we can do to spread the word on helping all children from around the world.
    Good luck to you as you continue to reach for your goals.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea,
    I think it is important to have environments full of different cultures. I feel that the more we expose ourselves to other’s cultures, the more biases will be eliminated. It has been a pleasure working with you throughout this course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea,
    I think it is important to remember our focus is the children. Thanks for shareing your ideas and dreams. This has been a rewarding experience. Good luck on your future endeavors. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

    ReplyDelete