Thursday, September 6, 2012

Competent Communication….Week 1

Competent Communication

My fiancé sometimes goes on business trips where we have solely relied on technology to communicate. We send at least 3-4 emails per day so our competent communication is very important. His communication is very detail where I can decode his message without any problems. He will tell me about his day and I can almost visualize the moments by just reading his words. I strive to be a competent communicator. Sometimes when I email things he will say, “What are you talking?” Then I will have to send an email if I did not email something clearly. Talking to him face to face is different from email because you have to be more detail and clear on your message so the receiver can understand. I feel my fiancé’ does an outstanding job communicating with cognition ability to send a message able to be decoded. I strive to learn how to be a competent communicator in the same matter.

 

3 comments:

  1. One of the realizations that research has identified is that "virtual communication" is different than face to face communication. It has valuable uses, but has also been used to bully.
    Some say that people are more frank when using e-mail than when speaking face to face. I suppose it is an evolving culture.
    What do you think are the challenges of virtual communication besides the point that you made about "clarity"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,
    Nice to have another class with you! I forgot about the different kinds of communication until I read your blog about emails. Technology plays such a huge role in today’s society. Communicating through texts, emails, phone calls, and video chats are just a few ways people can communicate. I feel that now it is expected for people to communicate in other ways besides face to face.
    Arica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea,
    It sounds like you and your fiance can practically read each other's minds! It is amazing that nowadays there is chat and email and skype, but nothing can take the place of the real thing! Although it is pretty amazing that technology has advanced so much that we can still remain so connected even at a distance.

    ReplyDelete