Sunday, June 23, 2013

Time Well Spent…..(Week 8)


My Journey….

          Through this journey, I had the opportunity to learn whom I was as a professional. I learned I was a leader with drive and determination to create change. I was able to articulate a problem and strategically develop a plan to work through it. Another thing I have learned on this journey is to have a passion for the work you do. Early childhood has always been a passion of mine, but I learn how deep my passion was for the field. I truly look at myself as an early childhood professional that is skilled and knowledgeable that can to advocate for my passion. Lastly, over this journey I have learned to embrace the different perceptive of others and learn from it. As an early childhood professional, you should look at differences as a teachable moment to be used to broaden your thinking. Over this time, I have learned what it is to be an early childhood professional, and be globally prepared for the world.
 
 
 
Long Term Goal…..
     My long term goal is to travel around the world, to speak at conferences, trainings, and forum on early childhood. I want to be at level in my career where I am looked up for guidance in the field. I want to be able to share what I have learned and researched with other professionals. I want to leave a legacy in the early childhood field.
 
 
Farwell…. (For Now)
   I  WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY INSTRUCTOR AND COLLEAGUES FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM DURING THIS TIME. I’VE GAIN SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE ON HOW TO BE A LEADER AND A PROFESSIONAL IN THE EARLY CHILDHOOD FIELD. AS WE CONTINUE OUR JOURNEY, ALWAYS REMEMBER OUR PASSION FOR CHILDREN…Andrea
 
 
Never ever allow your today situation to scare you from achieving your goals because the highest GOD has a purpose for your life.” Abednego Akwasi Asante Asiedu
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Andrea,

    We started out on this journey together. It has truly been a "time well spent." I have grown from the first day of the program. I am glad that I choose to obtain my Master of Science Degree in Early Childhood Studies. I feel that I am better prepared for my job and future positions that I want to obtain. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and insights through this course. I wish you well in the work you do in the early childhood field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,
    Isn't it amazing how enlightening an experience can be for a person to discover their own personal passions? I think it's awesome how you've personally discovered how deep your passion for working in education and how it help transpire your ability to share knowledge with your fellow colleagues. Your goal of connecting to educational communities around the world would be a great way to continuing sharing that knowledge. I'm sure being a leader for others would give you such an extraordinary sense of accomplishment and reward of doing what you love most!
    Best of luck in all your endeavors and passions to come.
    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea,
    This journey has taken us to places I never anticipated when we started 20 months ago. I agree with you, I too found myself in a very different place as we put the final touches to our Capstone project. I wish you the very best in all you do. Follow those dreams !
    In the Interest of All Children,
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Andrea,

    Thank you for your words of encouragement and wisdom as we end this course. I really like the quote you chose. I look back at my life and cannot believe who I am and what I am doing today! I thank God everyday for the countless blessings He has given me and I can only hope I can be a part of providing His blessings to all the children and families I serve on a daily basis. Goodluck in all you do and God bless you!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea,

    This has been a wonderful journey. There were times when I thought I would not make it. However, we are here now, and I have learned a lot in this class. I wish you the best and I hope that you have continued success in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea,
    Thank you for all of your insights that you have shared in this course. I wish you the best of luck. I would love to know how your traveling goes. Keep in touch tthatch11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea,

    I am also interested in speaking across the world. I truly love speaking about early childhood and all the facets that affect children and families. Hopefully, we will cross paths again one day as we are both speaking at a conference :-)
    I wish you the best in making your dreams come true through the passion you hold - it will take you far!

    ReplyDelete