Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Personal Research Journey (Week 2)



RESEARCH JOURNEY
Starting on this journey, I didn’t know what to expect. My experience working on the simulation research process was intriguing because I learn how to select a topic look through a different lens. There were questions I learn I had to ask myself to narrow down a topic such as, “How can we best use this knowledge to optimise children’s learning, growth and development?”   Through the research chart, I realize how important it is to know terms used in the research process. For instance, I was unaware triangulation is the format that can be used to compare and combine different form or different source. Now that I understand this term, I will be able to understand a study that uses it. Also, I realize data and analyzing is a part of the research process I will enjoy. Having the opportunity to analyzing data that will show real information can lead to outcomes to the early childhood field. What advice do you have a new researcher in the research process?

Colleagues, please check out this resource to help with the research process:
Google Scholar

Naughton, G., Sharne, R., & Siraj-Blatchford, I. (2010). Doing early childhood research international perspectives on theory & practice. New York, NY: McGraw Hill Education.
 
Doris Cheng, P. (2010). Exploring the tactfulness of implementing play in the classroom: a Hong Kong experience. Asia-Pacific Journal Of Teacher Education, 38(1), 69-82
Gaffan, E. A., Martins, C., Healy, S., & Murray, L. (2010). Early Social Experience and Individual Differences in Infants' Joint Attention. Social Development, 19(2), 369-393.

Greenhoot, A. F., Tsethlikai, M., & Wagoner, B. J. (2006). The Relations between Children's Past Experiences, Social Knowledge, and Memories for Social Situations. Journal Of Cognition And Development, 7(3), 313-340.

3 comments:

  1. Andrea,

    I too did not know what to expect when we started this process. I had done research for myself, but had never had the tools to make sure that it was focused and from credible sources. I have already learned so much in just two weeks, and I look forward to seeing where all of our research goes.

    Good Luck
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not done research in years so this is like new to me. I too have learned a lot of useful information in the past two weeks. Thanks for sharing the google search site to help me with the research process. I am planning to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea,

    This is a nice post. I'm still having problems narrowing down my research questions. From reading your references, I gather your research is about social development and interaction. This could be wrong, but good luck on your endeavors. I've used goole, and I'll have to reference back to it, because I'm having problems accessing articles on Eric. It may be the question that I'm asking.

    ReplyDelete