Thursday, January 19, 2012

"My Supports"

       My support starts out with a daily inspiration email quote from my friend every morning. The   quotes are typically empowering and help me get started emotionally for the day.
Never ever allow your today situation to scare you from achieving your goals because the most high GOD has a purpose for your life.” Abednego Akwasi Asante Asiedu
Throughout the day, I will come back and read the quote to give me motivation and determination to get through the day, which is a significant benefit. If I did not have support, my day would be a little harder. I work with a lot of community partners, families, and colleagues, and it can be a challenge. Having the encouragement through quotes keeps me motivated. If remove from my life, I would miss the encouragement and support.


Prayer is a very important support system in my life. The benefit of prayer is it renews my mind and lifts my spirits. It will be very difficult to live without with prayer, the impact would be less calming and unfocused.
I like to add a seasoned mentor as a part of my daily support. Having a connection with a seasoned professional can improve my decision making and share guidance. Having a mentor will be an added benefit to my professional development. Without this support, it will be a challenge. For example, a seasonal professional can give you advice a book can not tell you. The impact of not having a mentor will result in alot trial and error methods for decision making.

3 comments:

  1. Great post awesome use of pictures and connections .

    You look as though you have some great support systems in place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your supports with us. Prayer is a powerful support and can get you through tough situations. I also like that you mentioned having a mentor. I still will call my mentor teacher from student teaching if I have a question or want to get an opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea,

    That is a very powerful quote with much meaning behind it. I can see how you reread it for strength. Prayer is our way to communicate with God. It’s amazing how relaxed one feels after spending time with Him or someone else who shares the same beliefs as you do. I really like the graphic that you chose to post on here too!

    Thank you for sharing,
    Arica

    ReplyDelete