Friday, March 2, 2012

Bridging the Connection in the Early Childhood Field

This week I attempt to contact 4 early international childhood professionals to learn more about the field from a global aspect.



·         Ruzanna Tsarukyan- The Step by Step Program was initiated in Armenia in 1998, initially by the Open Society Institute Assistance Foundation - Armenia, in order to support early childhood education in the face of difficulties due to the economic crises in the country. (Asia)
·         Marcelle Delahaye Camping, CEO and Founder of the Liberty Foundation The Liberty Children’s Home provide care and education for abused and abandoned children in Belize, Central America.
·          Eric Atmore-The National Early Childhood Development Alliance (South Africa)

  • D'Andra Howard-UNICEF Eastern Caribbean  (Barbados)
Below is a copy of the email I sent to the professionals.


My name is Andrea Cureton I live in the US and currently pursuing a M.S. Early Childhood Studies - Admin, Mgmt. and Leadership at Walden University. The focus of the course I’m currently taking is the issues and trends in the early childhood field. To understand more of a global aspect of the early childhood field, is it ok if I contact you time to time to discuss the state of the early childhood field in your country, your concerns, as well as your hopes and dreams in the early childhood field?  I have a passion for the early childhood field and look forward to communicating on this expanding field.

Sincerely,

Andrea Cureton
 

Since I was unable to contact the early childhood professionals, I had to choose the alternative blog assignment.  Hopefully in the coming days I get a response from the any early childhood professionals.



·         World Forum Foundation

·         World Forum Foundation Radio



Expending my Resources….

I’ve decided to join the following:

·         National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies- To promote national policies and partnerships to advance the development and learning of all children and to provide vision, leadership, and support to community Child Care Resource and Referral.

  • ZERO TO THREE is a national, nonprofit organization that informs, trains, and supports professionals, policymakers, and parents in their efforts to improve the lives of infants and toddlers.




  Naccrra, the national association of child care resource & referral agencies. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.naccrra.org
Zero to three, national center for infants, toddlers, and families. (2012). Retrieved from http://zerotothree.org/ 

5 comments:

  1. Andrea,
    I did not receive any responses back either. I have to admit that I am a little disappointed as i was hoping to be able to interact with a real person. I noticed that you chose two websites in which to explore. What were your reasons for choosing those particular sites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been a fan of the Zero to Three website since I work for an Early Head Start Program. I've used National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies from time to time during my professional career, and it has valuable resources.

      Thanks,
      Andrea

      Delete
  2. Andrea,

    I too had difficulties establishing contact with early childhood professionals; I was frustrated because I didn't receive any responses back yet. I still remain hopeful of establishing contact this week and sent more emails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea,

    I also had difficulties contacting early childhood professionals; I remain hopeful as well with receiving a response with other professionals, I am really looking forward to learning about what other early childhood professionals do in other countries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Arica,
    I have contacted the World Forum Foundation. I got an email to let me know that a representative will contact me. Hopefully, I will hear from them. I alo contacted the Global Alliance for Haiti. I haven't heard from them yet. I also contacted Zero to Three. I too use them as a resource for my profession

    ReplyDelete